People like to be free to use their phones where ever they go and on the network of their choosing. Let’s look at the sim unlock for iPhone 7 which puts a barrier for many people who wish to do so.
Is it Legal to Unlock the Sim for the iPhone 7?
Well, it really depends on whether you own the phone outright. There are a couple of conditions that would stop you from unlocking the phone.
• You are making payments to a carrier for the phone
• You are under contract to a carrier for that phone
• It’s on a blacklist because it was reported stolen or lost
• It’s been suspended for non-payment
In these cases, you must get permission from the carrier that it’s locked to. This is their way to guarantee service income if you owe them for the phone, or if you’re tied to a contract through their subsidy for your phone.
Why Would I Want to Unlock the Sim?
With an unlocked phone, you can go to any carrier and start service with a new sim card.
- You can switch carriers regardless of protocol.
- Internationally, most of the world uses GSM protocol.
- Unlocking your phone means that you’re not bound to just one protocol.
- When you travel internationally, you can buy a sim card locally. So, you can avoid paying international roaming fees from your carrier.
Should I Use an Unlock Service Online?
You should be cautious about using an unlock service online. Some are fast and reputable. Some are too expensive and can be unreliable at times.
If you try a hardware alteration to unlock your phone, it might break your phone, and your warranty will be voided. iPhones are expensive. Don’t let yours get damaged.
What are My Options if I want to do a Sim Unlock for my iPhone 7?
The actual process is called an IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) unlock. The IMEI is basically the unique serial number to your phone.
You can find the IMEI by going into the settings on an iPhone, or by going to the phone keypad and dialing *#06#. This will tell you the IMEI.
If you have an iPhone 7 that’s with a carrier now, go to the tech support team for that carrier and ask them to unlock it. As long as you own the phone outright, they should be able to give you an unlock code. Make sure that you contact tech support. A rep in a store is not going to do this for you.
Contacting Apple directly may help you to unlock the IMEI for your phone. All iPhone 7 phones are unlocked on the Apple server. They get locked to carriers, not to Apple.…